[Solved - 1.6] Terminal keyboard focus

Report your issues here

[Solved - 1.6] Terminal keyboard focus

Postby sam » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:30 pm

I have been experiencing an issue with terminal always wanting to retain keyboard focus while using VNC. I can experience this even when other applications have become active and taken window focus. I can even experience this after I have disconnected from my laptop and physically come to it and try to use the keyboard. For a few seconds it will keep thinking that terminal is the main focus even though it is not. This is pretty serious issue for operation for my use. The only thing I am doing with this terminal window is keeping a CLI IRC client running in it. I will normally check into my laptop throughout the day with Remoter to check up on the conversations in the IRC channel, but that is the limits of what I can do right now. I would like to be able to do anything I can do while physically at my laptop while at my iPad remotely. I am using OSX, 10.6.5, build 10H542, but I have been experiencing this since I was using 10.6.4 as well. I am using the latest beta of 4.2 on my iPad but I have experienced this while using 3.2 as well.

I would love to help debug this but I don't know what I should do to figure out the issue here. Any help would be appreciated.
sam

Re: Terminal keyboard focus

Postby raf » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:23 pm

Yes, I've noticed this too with the stock VNC server from Apple. This is definitely a server issue.
I'll do some more investigation to see if there's anything I can do on my side, but as a work-around, you can try using the Vine Server for OSX. (http://sf.net/projects/osxvnc).

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby sam » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:10 pm

submitted a report to apple, I will post any followups to the report.
sam

Postby raf » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:35 pm

Thanks!,
I'll mark this as solved for now. We can reopen it if we need to.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby raf » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:44 pm

I proved myself wrong! this was not a server issue. It's just that the mac server expects an extra message that neither the windows or Linux servers need.
I've modified Remoter so that this is handled the way the Apple server expects it. Remoter 1.6 will include this update.

Thanks for helping me find this issue!

Raf
raf
Site Admin

Return to Support