Help cant connect

Report your issues here

Help cant connect

Postby payneardo » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:40 pm

Hi, hope you can help I cant connect to my pc.

I have installed ultravnc and and configured that and can connect with a mac book pro.

But I am unable to with the Ipad app I get a message "Error Connecting to Server".

I also have air video server on my ipad and can connect with that no problems so not totall sure what is going on ??

but I also cant ping my pc from the ipad even with firewall rules enterd and firewall turned off ??

I have reinstalled bonjour on my pc just in case it was that as well

On the software on the Ipad, in Sessions I have the computer name and in the Host Name I have the static IP address of my pc and the correct password installed

Any other ideas I could try ??
payneardo

Re: Help cant connect

Postby raf » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:50 pm

Remoter 2.0 should be out soon (free update) and will generate much better error messages.
In any case, what are you entering in Remoter for hostname? If you're entering the hostname, try entering the IP address instead.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby Mckeem1 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:46 pm

I have windows 7 and followed every step on the guide and I am not connecting either. I am not happy because all the reviews say it is simple. It certainly is not I really need help on configuring the software so it will connect
Mckeem1

Postby raf » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:29 pm

Mckeem1, Please post a screenshot of your session setup, and also of the error message you're getting.
To capture a screenshot on your device, you can hold the power button, and then tap the home button.

Thanks,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Return to Support