Capital Letters and Login-Password

Report your issues here

Capital Letters and Login-Password

Postby Niwre_Remote » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:50 pm

Hello,

i use Remoter with UltraVNC 1.0.8.2 on my Windows Server 2003.

I have the problem that I can not enter a capital letter in the Windows logon screen for my password. Thus, the sign is impossible for me because all my passwords contain uppercase characters.

I've tried different keyboard layouts.

Please help me!!!
Niwre_Remote

Re: Capital Letters and Login-Password

Postby raf » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:13 pm

I'm sorry you're having this problem. First time I hear of problems with UltraVNC 1.0.8.2 and upper case characters; I'll try to recreate. Thanks for the report.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby raf » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:28 pm

Just tried it, and at least in Windows 7, both uppercase and lowercase characters work fine during in the login screen with UltraVNC 1.0.8.2. BTW, you shouldn't need to specify a 'keyboard layout', just leave it as "Direct". Not sure why this would be a problem with Windows Server 2003. I'll see if I can find out any more info.

Thanks,

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby Niwre_Remote » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:59 am

Hello Raf,

thank for your answer.

I have tried the Direct setting and it worked, why it does not work with the other keyboard layout is nevertheless remarkable.

Sorry, i have the next problem, when i logged in under Windows Server 2003 everything is so slow that working is impossible. With the UltraVNC-Client from Windows everything goes very quickly.

What can i do?

Thanks you for your help.
Niwre_Remote

Postby raf » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:27 am

The different Keyboard Layouts are only required if your particular VNC server doesn't support "Direct". In practice, the only server that actually seem to require them is the one included in Mac OS X. For most other servers, either in Windows, or Linux, you should use "Direct".

About speed, Remoter is one of the fastest VNC clients on the iOS platform; but certain specific things can cause serious slow-downs. The main culprit seems to be resolution: If your computer screen resolution is high (higher than 1024x768), a lot of memory is required, and iOS devices are seriously limited in this aspect. Another setting that can affect performance a lot is the color depth. Make sure you are using 16BPP, not 32BPP. You can also tweak other settings, like JPEG compression and quality settings.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby Niwre_Remote » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:15 am

Hello Raf,

thanks for the tips. I've tried various settings and now i have a better performance.

Thank you for your help!

Best Regards

Erwin
Niwre_Remote

Return to Support