Password problem

Report your issues here

Password problem

Postby dmsaudio » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:56 pm

Program works great, but every time I quit the program and come back to it, my saved password does not work and I have to re-enter my password. Any thought on why this is happening? Thanks.
dmsaudio

Re: Password problem

Postby raf » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:36 pm

This is a problem that 2 other users have reported. I believe it to be fixed for the next version. It apparently has to do with the password itself, and how it gets translated before being saved to disk. You could try changing your password, and see if that helps. Or wait until v1.9, which should be out within the next 2-3weeks.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby dmsaudio » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:52 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. Will probably just wait for update. App and it's features are far better than anything else I have tried. Congrats!
dmsaudio

Postby dmsaudio » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:46 am

The password problem is still there. It doesn't seem to be changing the password as before, but after logging in, if I close the app and come back to it, even if only a matter of seconds, I get an error message. Re-entering my password allows me to log back into remoter. I am using the most recent version according to app update.
dmsaudio

Postby raf » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:03 am

Really? I haven't been able to recreate this problem anymore. And it's tied to the password itself. If you don't mind, would you please send me the password that's causing you this problem so I can recreate it? I understand if you don't want to share it, as passwords are sensitive. But it's the only way for me to recreate this problem.
If you want to help, please DM me or email me at raf AT rafsoftware DOT com

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby raf » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:06 pm

Finally, with the help of another user (hamilton), was able to track down and correct this. It will be fixed in 2.02, which I'm submitting to Apple for review right now.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Return to Support