Connect to UltraVNC not working

Report your issues here

Connect to UltraVNC not working

Postby rnoranbrock » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:12 am

Hi,
I am attempting to connect to a Windows machine running UltraVNC using Remoter and its not working. :-)

I can successfully connect (via LAN) using the lite version of RDP on the iPad, but when I try the same settings on Remoter I receive a dialog stating:
Disconnected Error Connecting to Server.

FYI, in RDP lite, the port is set to use 3389.

Hostname is an internal address which works on my mac using a Remote Desktop client.

Any help/thoughts/suggestions?

Is the password field for a VNC password or is it for the user password which I enter when I log in using Remote Desktop client? I assume it is the latter (user password) and not the former as I didn't have to enter a separate VNC password for RDP.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Randy
rnoranbrock

Re: Connect to UltraVNC not working

Postby raf » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:05 pm

Did you try following the steps described in the video tutorials? If not, please take a look here:
http://www.youtube.com/rafsoftware
raf
Site Admin

Postby rnoranbrock » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:28 pm

Ah, so sorry. It turns out that I am actually connecting to a machine running Terminal Services and hence need Microsoft RDP support. I'm guessing Remoter doesn't do that.

Thanks for the reply and help.

-Randy
rnoranbrock

Postby raf » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:36 pm

rnoranbrock wrote:Ah, so sorry. It turns out that I am actually connecting to a machine running Terminal Services and hence need Microsoft RDP support. I'm guessing Remoter doesn't do that.

Thanks for the reply and help.

-Randy

No, Remoter doesn't support Microsoft's RDP protocol ATM. It is a planned in-app-purchase; but hasn't been implemented yet. You should still be able to install UltraVNC on that machine, and use Remoter to connect. Unless terminal services is the only option for you (because of VPN/business/etc).

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Return to Support