Wake on LAN, delayed connection?

Wake on LAN, delayed connection?

Postby Adester » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:23 pm

Hi,

I've noticed that with my network configuration that after waking our mac mini using WOL the actual VNC connection always fails, I then have to click start again to initiate the VNC connection.

I'm not sure if you use a delay or icmp to detect if the machine has woken, but would it be possible to add an option like this so that either the connection can be delayed by "n" seconds after the WOL or use ping to detect when the machine is ready to accept the vnc connection request.

Cheers

Adrian
Adester

Re: Wake on LAN, delayed connection?

Postby raf » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:43 pm

A dedicated WoL button will be in 1.9 that can be pressed from the main screen under the associated session. But I'll add your suggestions to my to-do list as well.

Thanks.
raf
Site Admin

Postby ignatz » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:35 am

raf wrote:A dedicated WoL button will be in 1.9 that can be pressed from the main screen under the associated session. But I'll add your suggestions to my to-do list as well.

Thanks.

Raf:
Great news on the WoL button. Thanks. Any chance of including a WoL [on date/time] capability? Right now I set many calendar alerts on my iPhone, but integrating the WoL+OnDateTime would be a big help. Thanks.
ignatz

Postby raf » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:03 am

ignatz wrote:
raf wrote:A dedicated WoL button will be in 1.9 that can be pressed from the main screen under the associated session. But I'll add your suggestions to my to-do list as well.

Thanks.

Raf:
Great news on the WoL button. Thanks. Any chance of including a WoL [on date/time] capability? Right now I set many calendar alerts on my iPhone, but integrating the WoL+OnDateTime would be a big help. Thanks.

For that to work, Remoter would need to run in the background continually, which is not allowed (by Apple). I don't believe there is a mechanism that would allow me to do that until they relax these restrictions some more..

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests