Grouping of Machines

Grouping of Machines

Postby Hrc1079 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:10 pm

It would be good if you could group machines into folders. We use multiple data centers and environments and having 80+ servers on one screen becomes difficult to find at times. Being able to group servers into data center would tidy up the home screen significantly.
Hrc1079

Re: Grouping of Machines

Postby hpeters » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:42 am

Hi,

I also would like to see grouping of machines in folders. I'm using remoter RDP client to connect to various servers of our customers. It would be great to be able to create a folder per customer where I can put all their machines in. There are plenty RDP clients with such functionality availlable for windows but I haven't been able to found one for OSX.

Thanks,

Hugo.
hpeters

Postby alexschomb » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:43 am

Did you try the Category setting in the Extended options of the machine entries? It actually provides you with what you're asking for.

You can choose between existing categories by clicking on "All" in the machine overview. You might need to do an in app purchase to activate such behavior in the iOS version though. I'm not sure if it is implemented in the basic version too.
alexschomb

Postby hpeters » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:48 am

@HRC1079,

thanks, wasn't aware of this feature. :)
hpeters

Postby maclemming » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:44 am

The categories is a nice feature, but it is not very useful. It is just a filter that requires clicking to find the session you want. I use many sessions that are in different categories, and it doesn't really help me. I would love to see a tree structure on the side of the main Remoter window that can be expanded and collapsed by category. Even being able to see just the names of all of the sessions, in separate groups would be a big improvement. I don't care about seeing the screenshot of the session. I just want to see all of the sessions in the window at the same time.

*Edit* Oops, I didn't realize this was the iOS section. I would like this feature in the Mac version.
maclemming

Return to Feature Requests