iPad retina support

iPad retina support

Postby vixducis » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:58 am

The new iPad has a retina screens, please add support for it.
vixducis

Re: iPad retina support

Postby sticks » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:32 pm

...I HUGELY, Add my own support for this Feature Request!

I just got my new iPad 3 - And when comparing apps on its screen, to apps on my regular, iPad 2's screen...The difference is absolutely incredible...

AND - The extra, hi-density pixels in the Retina display (...and support for it in iPad apps...Specifically in Apps that can gain *MAJOR* Improvement(s) & Added-Value & Significant-Feature-Upgrades [...By which I mean, by just having this app successfully implement support for the Retina displays; [us...the users] using Remoter on devices with Retina displays - Could/Would gain extremely-valuable, extra-hi-definition; and (I'm not sure about this one...BUT...I'm hoping that with a Retina display (And the much higher pixel-density that it provides) --> Once proper support is added in Remoter for these devices with Retina displays --> I'm really-super-hoping [but again, not exactly sure on how "technology" works like this] -- But that we could now connect to our "Desktop" Computers [Macs in my own case] - That have monitor(s) connected to them running HIGH Resolutions...That with the Retina display, that when connecting to my Mac with a monitor set to a very high resolution; that I would be able to [...again, this is my 'hope' - but I am definitely not a highly-tech savvy person; so I might be wrong, I just really hope that I'm not! :)] --> ...That when connecting to my Mac on my iPad 3; that it would be able to physically "SHOW" a MUCH larger portion of my hi-res Monitors -- Versus -- When connecting to that same Mac [and monitor] with my iPad 2 (Which does *NOT* have a Retina display) --> That my iPad 2 would show much-less monitor/screen, "real estate" [AKA: Screen space], than my new iPad 3, which I hope has the potential to show a MUCH LARGER portion of my hi-res monitors connected to my Mac [...as well as displaying a sharper image].
Hopefully that makes sense?

Regardless, I definitely hope that Remoter for the iPad does gain (correct/optimal) support for the new iPad Retina display...ASAP :D
Thanks Remoter Labs! (I definitely prefer Remoter, over ALL other 'Remote Desktop' iPad apps that I've tried & used [...which is actually a lot] --> Eg. Splashtop, etc...
...AND...I own the FULL-package of Remoter [Meaning, that I purchased, and use many of the other connection types (like SSH, etc.) as well as basic Mac Screen-Sharing --> Although, I *DEFINITELY* use the 'Mac Remote Screen Sharing' feature, the most, by a HUGE-long-shot] - Thus, thank you to everyone at Remoter Labs; and I hope that this specific feature request can come to life for us as soon as possible ;)
Thanks again,
STICKS
sticks

Re: iPad retina support

Postby raf » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:43 am

Retina support for iPad (3) is ready, and will be included in the next release (out soon!!)
I'm actually submitting to Apple either later tonight or tomorrow. But then it might take up to a week for Apple to complete the review.

Thanks for the feedback!,

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests