Mostly fullscreen improvements

Mostly fullscreen improvements

Postby guardian_de » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:08 pm

First things first: I really love your app and I'm looking forward to the SSH integration!

But there are still some desirable features to be implemented, most of them are about fullscreen mode:

* It would be good to have some means to access the keyboard and trackpad in fullscreen mode without switching back to non-fullscreen beforehand.
* I often use Remoter to browse stuff. So I often access keys like cursor keys, page up and down, space, return and maybe backspace and escape. Others might want a different keyboard subset. I'm thinking of a transparent, floating and configurable keyboard.
* Really small improvement: When entering the password, pressing return does not complete the input.

Keep up the good work!

Jan
guardian_de

Re: Mostly fullscreen improvements

Postby raf » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:19 pm

Hi Jan,

Glad to hear you find Remoter useful!

I'm also happy to let you know that one of your requests is already in 1.8 (planned to be submitted to Apple today!):
photo.PNG
photo.PNG (320.4 KiB) Viewed 5234 times

Regarding your suggestion about the configurable transparent keyboard: I love it. It won't make it into 1.8, but will be added to my to-do list immediately.
You have a good point with the password not accepting the return key. I will try my best to get this small improvement into 1.8 today.

Thanks for the feedback!,

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby guardian_de » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:58 pm

Great news!

How about that other small change - the SSH client... Will it make it into 1.8 too? ;o)
guardian_de

Postby raf » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:05 pm

guardian_de wrote:Great news!

How about that other small change - the SSH client... Will it make it into 1.8 too? ;o)

I completed the code to allow for using the return key in the username / password / username+password alert prompt. It ended up being a lot more involved than I anticipated, because of the way I was doing it. But it's done now, and it will be in 1.8.

I know you're mostly joking, but SSH is definitely not a small change, and is scheduled to go in 1.9 / 2.0. As soon as 1.8 is submitted to Apple I will start work on this.

Thanks!,

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests