Sleep a Mac screen

Sleep a Mac screen

Postby shlen » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:11 am

First, a compliment to Raf: RemoterVNC and RemoterFusion are just excellent. I use them all the time, and I am so pleased with how well they work.

And a question: has anyone figured out how to sleep a Macbook screen without putting the computer to sleep? The usual keyboard shortcut (shift-control-eject) does not seem to work with Remoter. I use this when accessing a Mac at work that I want to leave running yet screen-locked to foil any casual unauthorized access. Thanks for any suggestions!
shlen

Re: Sleep a Mac screen

Postby raf » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:35 pm

shlen wrote:First, a compliment to Raf: RemoterVNC and RemoterFusion are just excellent. I use them all the time, and I am so pleased with how well they work.

And a question: has anyone figured out how to sleep a Macbook screen without putting the computer to sleep? The usual keyboard shortcut (shift-control-eject) does not seem to work with Remoter. I use this when accessing a Mac at work that I want to leave running yet screen-locked to foil any casual unauthorized access. Thanks for any suggestions!

Hi shlen,

Thanks for the compliments! Happy to hear Remoter+RemoterFusion work for you!
About your question: you should be able to set a "hot corner" to Put the display to sleep.
In Lion, go to system preferences - Mission Control - Hot Corners
In Snow Leopard, go to system preferences - Exposé and Spaces - Hot corners are at the top of the screen

Hope this helps!,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests