Some feature ideas and props!

Some feature ideas and props!

Postby jeradin » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:38 pm

Just been using your app for the past few days and already deleted the other two VNC apps I used to have on my phone, so so good!

I did have a few thoughts for the app, one was for full screen mouse pad, but read that you are adding that to v1.8 which is great.

It would be nice to be able to set a default Session/Computer so you would open the app and your default session would be where you logo currently is to launch with 1 click or just auto launch. Then you could go up to sessions to either change the default server or access a different one.

I understand VNC cant use sound and other things from the host machine but can VNC access application launching options?

Some sort of launcher of applications. I melded "Snatch" remote apps launch with your interface in the screenie below. These would be user selected apps to quickly launch (mainly nice for HTPC when you want to disable the apple doc or windows taskbar.) Either have a max either having a max of 7 apps, or just expand the bar to have as many as needed.

Maybe it could be where the "screenshot" button is or user decides which buttons are in the top bar?

Below is an idea of how the user could add apps to the launch bar, click an edit somewhere after the above image bar is shown, then the below would drop down with any currently running applications. Then the user clicks and drags the "running app" icon up to the launch bar to add it, or drag an icon off of it to remove it.
This idea is completely taken from the "Snatch" remote app, its done really slickly in the application. Sadly the app hasn't been updated in over 9 months and isn't a VNC server at all, but a really solid mouse/remote app but needs a service running on the mac its controlling.

Welp those were my two wishes for the app... regardless of adding new features, your app is super solid!

Thank you.

Dale Geet Jacobs
jeradin

Re: Some feature ideas and props!

Postby raf » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:56 am

Thanks for the feedback!. I LOVE feedback, and comments on how to make Remoter even better.
I posted some screenshots of how Remoter will look in 1.8 here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=50
One feature you will like is that now when you start Remoter you're presented right in the main view with big thumbnails of your sessions, starting by your most used one. You can then swipe to choose other sessions. (The sessions list has been revamped as well to look better, and is still there).

About the app launcher. I really understand where you're coming from. But to my knowledge there is no way in the VNC protocol to do this. One way would be for me to have a separate service running on the host machine to handle this, and maybe sound as well.. Thoughts for the future, that I will very likely add. But my first priority after 1.8 comes out is SSH (which will be offered as an in-app purchase for $0.99).

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby jeradin » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:56 pm

Raf,

Thanks for the reply. Liking the new settings button and launch screen a ton, really nice work!

I was thinking that maybe there wasn't a way for VNC to launch applications. time to use the dock!

Thanks for the really great app. got my friend to purchase it yesterday and going to recommend it to as many people as I can.
jeradin

Postby raf » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:59 pm

Thank you, Dale!. Greatly appreciated!

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests