Remote keyboard and mouse lock?

Remote keyboard and mouse lock?

Postby tsollas » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:55 pm

Would like ability to lock the remote keyboard and mouse when connecting.... Believe Vnc supports ihis.
tsollas

Re: Remote keyboard and mouse lock?

Postby raf » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:18 am

If by "lock" you mean turning the session into a "view only" mode session, then you can do that right now. Open the session editor for the session in question, tap on "Advanced" and scroll down to reveal "View-Only Mode". You can then disable it while the session is in progress by tapping on the "Send" button (third one from the right on the top toolbar), and selecting "Exit View-Only Mode".

Hope this helps!,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby lazybones » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:35 pm

raf wrote:If by "lock" you mean turning the session into a "view only" mode session, then you can do that right now. Open the session editor for the session in question, tap on "Advanced" and scroll down to reveal "View-Only Mode". You can then disable it while the session is in progress by tapping on the "Send" button (third one from the right on the top toolbar), and selecting "Exit View-Only Mode".

Hope this helps!,
Raf.

I think tsollas is asking for the opposite, IE lock the keyboard and mouse of the computer being controlled and continue input from the app.
lazybones

Postby raf » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:04 pm

I'm sorry, but I don't believe the opposite is possible. The OS would have to stop sending keyboard and mouse events to applications. But not to the VNC server. I don't see this working. And this is definitely not a VNC feature I've ever heard of.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby tsollas » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:28 am

Yes, that's what I was asking lazybones...

Understood Raf... Now that i look at it, you can do this, but it's a server side option, not a client side, at least in UltraVNC. Hence my confusion...
tsollas

Postby raf » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:39 am

tsollas wrote:Yes, that's what I was asking lazybones...

Understood Raf... Now that i look at it, you can do this, but it's a server side option, not a client side, at least in UltraVNC. Hence my confusion...

It is? Well, I take my comment back then :)

Thanks!,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests