Some feature requests

Some feature requests

Postby jaws » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:25 am

I just purchased Remoter and love it. So much better & faster than Mocha VNC, which I had been using. Keep up the great work! Here are some feature requests for future versions and things I've noticed:

• A disconnect button (It looks like this is already coming in a future update)
  • Double-tap to zoom-in on an area
  • An improved full screen view where the keyboard, trackpad, etc. buttons can slide into view for use (and then slide out once used) if a gesture is made, single on-screen button pressed, and/or iDevice shook (would be great on iPhone where maximizing screen space is a priority & the two toolbars take up a lot of space).
  • Improved Wake-on-Lan where you can use just WoL without initiating a VNC connection (maybe via a new WoL button option on the session screen)
  • Option to make the toolbar transparent (and maybe to adjust transparency)
  • Shake to toggle keyboard option
  • Scroll screen via accelerometer option
  • On iPad, it seems like the top & bottom tool bars could be combined (and some buttons are redundant) to increase screen space available for remote connections (an option could select whether to show the tool bar on the top or bottom of screen)
  • Preferences icon is slightly confusing (I thought the current icon meant create a new text document). Maybe use a gear icon?
  • Ability to turn off "Connected x times" (not that important, I just don't see the utility in it)

Also, any chance I could get in on beta testing with my iPhone 4? Thanks!
jaws

Re: Some feature requests

Postby raf » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:44 am

Awesome suggestions, thanks so much. I will definitely look into some of these suggestions.
About the beta testing, please send me a PM with your iPhone's UDID.

Thanks!!,

Raf.

PS: Some pics of 1.8:
Attachments
IMG_0047.PNG
IMG_0047.PNG (284.51 KiB) Viewed 4730 times
IMG_0046.PNG
IMG_0046.PNG (247.15 KiB) Viewed 4730 times
IMG_0044.PNG
IMG_0044.PNG (296.6 KiB) Viewed 4730 times
raf
Site Admin