Allow the import of multiple SSH key files

Allow the import of multiple SSH key files

Postby ARober11 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:56 pm

Any chance of altering the SSH key import function, to allow you to import a key in a file called something other than "ssh.key", and to name the imported key with the Filename? As your currently forced to rename A (singular) key file to ssh.key, transfer it via iTunes, import the file as ssh.key, and renaming the key on both the iPad an desktop back to something meaningful, before proceeding to the next key. Takes time and is a pain.
ARober11

Re: Allow the import of multiple SSH key files

Postby raf » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:13 pm

Do you mind me asking why don't you just generate the keys with Remoter? The import function is mainly for people that generated their keys in Remoter 2.02, and still want to use them in 2.4.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby ARober11 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:24 pm

I connect to several servers that only accept key based authentication, so I need to use an existing key to connect.

Also have keys that trigger the execution of specific command(s) on connection, so have multiple existing keys for a few servers.
ARober11

Postby raf » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:20 pm

ARober11 wrote:I connect to several servers that only accept key based authentication, so I need to use an existing key to connect.

Also have keys that trigger the execution of specific command(s) on connection, so have multiple existing keys for a few servers.

So creating the key in Remoter, and then using the email/copy+paste option doesn't work for you?
I'll add a ticket for accepting arbitrary names for the key to import. But somehow Remoter needs to figure out which files are keys, so they need to have a special extension; which extension do you use for your keys?

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby CU2 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:16 pm

..just adding a link to a potential '2-brids 1-stone' solution. enh #133
CU2

Return to Feature Requests