Sessions [ Print or Create Backup File ]

Sessions [ Print or Create Backup File ]

Postby ignatz » Sun May 29, 2011 11:15 am

Raf: Is it possible to print a sorted Sessions List (Server Type, Name, VNC Hostname, VNC Port, Password, MAC Address, VNC Advanced Settings - including MAC Address and Broadcast IP)? Or perhaps send this data to a text file to be exported to a PC, or USB Stick, or pasted into an iPhone note. I just lost all of my Remoter settings while trying to reinstall the App (I'm trying things to find/isolate/solve the "double click" problem I am having). If I was at home it would be "easy" to reconstruct the local settings, since you enumerate the Local Network. But I was out and about and unable to access anything - just too much data to remember! If I could have opened a Note (eg: SimpleNote) that had the Remoter Backup data, it would have been quite a bit easier. I also now realize that the only place all this information resides together is ... Remoter ... which in the IT world is a "single point of failure". Thanks ... BTW great update!
ignatz

Re: Sessions [ Print or Create Backup File ]

Postby raf » Sun May 29, 2011 12:17 pm

What you can do to backup your settings is the following:
-Connect your device to your computer via USB
-Open iTunes, select your device, then at the top on Applications
-Then scroll all the way down, and select Applications.
-You can drag files from here to your desktop/folder/etc. The sessions are stored in sessions.plist

Hope that helps, and thanks for helping with this issue!

Raf.

PS: There's no internal way of saving the settings. As you may know Apps run in a sandbox inside iOS and don't have access to parts of the filesystem outside of the app space.
raf
Site Admin

Postby macmedix » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:19 pm

What your app can do is to create a new email with the message body set to = all the session configuration info.
For an example see the app named AdHoc that gets the UDID.

Dave
macmedix

Postby raf » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:32 am

macmedix wrote:What your app can do is to create a new email with the message body set to = all the session configuration info.
For an example see the app named AdHoc that gets the UDID.

Dave

This is a good idea, but restoring the items would still be a problem. In any case, this problem should be solved by Apple's imminent release of iCloud, which will allow you to back up all your app settings.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests