Turn Off Caps Lock from iPad

Turn Off Caps Lock from iPad

Postby Kevinkbruce » Fri May 20, 2011 11:35 pm

I recently tried to log into my computer remotely and was unable to because caps lock was on on the client pc and my password could not be recognized. Is there anything that can be done about that?
Kevinkbruce

Re: Turn Off Caps Lock from iPad

Postby raf » Sat May 21, 2011 10:09 am

Kevinkbruce wrote:I recently tried to log into my computer remotely and was unable to because caps lock was on on the client pc and my password could not be recognized. Is there anything that can be done about that?

That's a good question, I wouldn't think it would be affected by the local caps lock. This is handled by the server. What server are you using?

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby Kevinkbruce » Sat May 21, 2011 9:05 pm

I am using OSX Snow Leopard
Kevinkbruce

Postby raf » Sat May 21, 2011 9:39 pm

Kevinkbruce wrote:I am using OSX Snow Leopard

I just tried it here on my SL machine, and indeed, once the computer keyboard's capslock is on, all input from the VNC session is uppercase. I don't really know if there is anything Remoter can do at that point; but I'll investigate a little.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby raf » Sat May 21, 2011 9:46 pm

raf wrote:
Kevinkbruce wrote:I am using OSX Snow Leopard

I just tried it here on my SL machine, and indeed, once the computer keyboard's capslock is on, all input from the VNC session is uppercase. I don't really know if there is anything Remoter can do at that point; but I'll investigate a little.

Raf.

The Mac's VNC server is very inconsistent in how it handles this. Now I tried connecting several times again, and it's always working correctly (lowercase entry in Remoter is lowercase in remote, even while capslock is on)..

Very strange.
raf
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests