SSH Terminal Mode Scrolling

SSH Terminal Mode Scrolling

Postby anville » Wed May 04, 2011 11:17 am

Hi,

Just got your app for my ipad, and it seems a great value $2 for both SSH and VNC. Looking forward to having font size selection for the next rev. (I assume changing the font will auto-change the terminal size (in terms of characters)?)

Some thoughts:

** I had to look in the forums for the way to scroll back in the terminal windows, which is using the virtual trackpad. That seemed odd to me, as I don't really need a mouse during my ssh session anyways. I would suggest that during an SSH session the mouse mode be disabled, and that a narrow scroller region be added to one side of the terminal window. That way the user can keep the keyboard up, and quickly access the terminal history.

** Another nice feature would be to have iOS style text selection/cut/paste for the terminal window. This again would obviate the need for a mouse during the terminal session.

I haven't thought these all the way through, but want to put the ideas out there.

Thanks!!
anville

Re: SSH Terminal Mode Scrolling

Postby raf » Wed May 04, 2011 11:58 am

Thanks anville,

Actually, mouse support for SSH is integrated into Remoter. So if you use any terminal tools that support mouse clicking, they can be controlled that way.
But I see your point, that just a scroller is sufficient most of the time.

Cut/Paste is also planned for the next release. I'll post something on how it's implemented once I got it working.

thanks!,

raf.
raf
Site Admin

Re: SSH Terminal Mode Scrolling

Postby anville » Wed May 04, 2011 12:40 pm

Wow, fast response! Great, I look forward to new releases :-)
anville

Return to Feature Requests