[done - v1.6] placement of special keys bar

[done - v1.6] placement of special keys bar

Postby adspguy » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:05 pm

First off, I really like your VNC program, it works great with the ubuntu, mac osx, and windows hosts I connect to.

I especially like it for talking to my headless ubuntu hosts (1024x768 desktops) in portrait mode. There is enough resolution to see the entire screen and the keyboard at the same time. Here's my problem, however: when I have the keyboard open, it covers the special keys on the bottom. If they would move above the keyboard rather than being covered by it, I could use the cursor and tab keys the way I would like with the keyboard open. Now it requires me to open and close the keyboard to use the cursor keys. I tried using the special keys at the top, but when I do this, the toolbar covers the top of my host window. Since my window is fully zoomed out, I can't move my full size host window down below the toolbar either.

So, that all being said, it would be great if the toolbars on the bottom could move above the keyboard when it is opened, or if the keyboard could appear above the toolbars. It would be almost as good if the host window would move down below the upper special keys toolbar when it is opened.

Thanks
adspguy

Re: placement of special keys bar

Postby raf » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:51 pm

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll see if I can get this request in by V1.6.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby adspguy » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:51 pm

Thanks, that wood be great
adspguy

Postby raf » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:57 pm

OK, I spent the last hour working on this. It is now done, and will be in v1.6. Just need to thoroughly test it now.

Raf
raf
Site Admin

Postby adspguy » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:12 pm

Wow. That's awesome!
Thanks
adspguy

Return to Feature Requests