Dual Monitors

Dual Monitors

Postby jch » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:00 pm

I really like Remoter and use it from home to check and control things on my office computer at night and weekends.

I have two monitors on my Win 7 PC. Would it be possible to add a button to toggle between the main monitor and the second one? (I don't know if VNC supports this or not)

Thanks.
jch

Re: Dual Monitors

Postby raf » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:14 am

Funny you should ask about that today. I *just* finished integrating this functionality into Remoter. It will be in version 1.9.

See trac: http://trac.rafsoftware.com/index.fcgi/ ... #comment:1

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby jch » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:20 pm

SWEET!
jch

Postby nevf » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:09 pm

I just purchased Remoter and am pleased to hear multiple monitor support is coming. From what I read this uses a shake interface, however my understanding is that shake isn't available on the iPad (WiFi) so how will this work?

I've read the V2 release notes - any idea when it will be available for download?
nevf

Postby raf » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:45 am

Hi nevf,

I personally have tested this feature on my WiFi iPad, and I can assure you: the iPad does indeed have an accelerometer.
The thing the iPad WiFi doesn't have is a GPS. The 1st gen iPad also doesn't have a gyroscope, but only the accelerometer is used to detect the shake gesture.
Still waiting for Apple to review Remoter 2.0.. Hopefully soon, as it's been over a week since it was submitted.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests