Remoter VNC 3.2 is out!

New versions or other announcements

Remoter VNC 3.2 is out!

Postby raf » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:27 pm

Version 3.2 was submitted last tuesday night (Nov 1st). Will hopefully be out soon!

-New:
--New icon!
--Tap-And-Hold: Menu options in Remoter Config. When user taps-and-holds a menu appears (with options such as right-click and double-click)
--New option to select alternative mouse buttons (requires for Snow Leopard + ARD 3.5.1)
--New "reverse scrolling" option added to Remoter Config - this makes scrolling in trackpad / trackpad scroller behave like Lion's "Natural" scrolling.
--WOL Broadcast IP now takes an optional port number. In the form iporhostname:port
--View-Only Mode added.
--Added option to SSH to reverse the delete/backspace keys.
--Added search box to session list
--For iPad, resized session list to use space better
--Sessions can now be organized into definable "folders", and only specific sessions can be displayed in session list
--Added security PIN feature
--Don't display "Wake" button if session is not setup for WoL.
--Added Hostname type for VNC/SSH/RDP, this helps during name resolution
--Greatly improved multi-touch handling in trackpad. Now two-finger tapping works perfectly for right-clicking. Scrolling is also enhanced via two-finger on trackpad.
--Enhancements to "Cancel" while connecting is getting established.
--Updates to session list: Mode button to switch between (new)simple and extended modes. Removed start/edit/wol buttons, replaced with a popover.
--Added: restoration of sound streaming when remoter comes back from background, and sound was stopped because of a call, or another music was played, etc.
--Audio: Now mixing is not allowed, this was confusing anyway.
--Rectangle is now stored and restored on session restart.
--Rectangle is now defined by the current view
--Added "Request Screen Update" option to the send message menu. Should work for all protocols.

-RDP Updates:
--Corrected sending of Control Key
--Added 1024x1280 resolution
--Added raw scan code character send mode for RDP. This is required for low-level RDP servers like VirtualBox. This is configurable in session editor on a per-session mode.
--Added support for secure RDP via SSL/NLA
--Fixed dragging and double-tap-and-drag
--Fixed bonjour crash caused by unknown service types being sent to Remoter.

-SSH/Telnet:
--Fixed "flickering" problem with terminal sessions and fullscreen mode. (This was caused by a session restoration conflict)
--Added "S" menu to sp keys toolbar. For now it only brings up "`" (back tick)

-Various Miscellaneous bug fixes
--Memory fixes
--SP keys toolbar is no longer dismissed when entering full screen mode
--Now keyboard is not dismissed blindly when waking up from background. Unless the connection is actually lost.
--Pressing "Advanced" now scrolls the session editor down to the advanced section. Un-setting advanced, scrolls back and hides the advanced sections.
--Some various cosmetic fixes related to text not fitting correctly in some areas.
--Fixed RDP bad error messages.
--Fixed crash where RDP would crash on connection problem
--Fixed bug that was causing animation issues in terminal connections
--Corrected problem where SSH could cause a crash on devices w/firmware < 3.2
--VNC over SSH session bug: When error during connection, was not closing down the SSH connection correctly. This could cause crashes on the next connection attempt
--Fixed sorting for RemoterFusion sessions in sessions list.
--Added computation for popovers so that they are resized if keyboard is up (iPhone)
--Fixed problem with the trackpad not being dismissed correctly

Thanks!,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Re: Remoter VNC 3.2 submitted to Apple

Postby raf » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:59 am

Version 3.2 is now under review!

I'll keep you posted on this.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby raf » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:36 pm

Version 3.2 has been approved. It will be released tomorrow Wednesday 9. And for a limited price, the price will be reduced to only $0.99 dollars!

Thanks,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby ignatz » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:34 am

Raf: Nice update! It is amazing how well you make the complicated so clean and easy to use. The "simple" list is is just that - simple, organized, and feature packed.
The best just keeps getting better. Well done! (and thanks)
ignatz

Postby raf » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:22 am

Thank you, ignatz! Glad to hear you like it!

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Re: Remoter VNC 3.2 is out!

Postby raf » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:39 pm

Several users have notified me that Remoter VNC 3.2 breaks their RDP sessions. They can't log in anymore, as they're presented with an authentication error.
I'll investigate this issue ASAP, and submit a bug-fix release.
In the mean time, I've removed the RDP add-on. And added a message to the what's new, and product description.

If you're experiencing this issue, please try the following:
-Disable "RDP Unicode" (under the sessions' advanced settings)
-If the above doesn't help, try entering your RDP username and password directly in the session setup screen.

Please discuss here, and I'll let you know what I find on my end.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby raf » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:52 pm

7:45PM EST: Update on the RDP issue:

Remoter VNC 3.2 now supports NLA (Network Level Authentication) for RDP. This means you have to enter your username / password in the session configuration screen, you can't leave these fields blank anymore, and get to the regular windows login screen (Windows doesn't allow this for NLA sessions).
Unfortunately, the "Request RDP Username / Password" has a bug that prevents it from working (it's actually always been broken, so this was never reported before; but now since you can't get to the windows login screen, this problem has become an issue).
A work around for people that are security conscious: you can now protect Remoter with a security Pin. Simply go into Remoter Config, scroll down to "Other Settings", and set the Security PIN there. This prevents unauthorized access to Remoter.

I've done the following changes, and will be submitting 3.2.1 asap:
-Added a configuration option for the RDP session that allows you to enable / disable NLA. With NLA disabled, Remoter connects to RDP servers just like in version 3.0/3.0.1, and allows you to enter your credentials in the windows login screen.
-Fixed the "Request RDP Username / Password" bug, so that you can use NLA, and set Remoter to prompt you for your RDP credentials on every connection
-I'm also setting RDP Unicode OFF by default. This is only really required for international users to generate special characters correctly. Most users don't need this enabled, and can cause problems when connecting to certain implementations of RDP that don't support unicode input.

Thanks,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby raf » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:14 pm

Remoter VNC 3.2.1 has just been submitted to Apple for review.

Thanks,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby slystryd » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:55 pm

I've tried disabling unicode and entering the login details in the session setup. It doesn't work here.
slystryd

Postby raf » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:01 pm

slystryd wrote:I've tried disabling unicode and entering the login details in the session setup. It doesn't work here.

Please see my response to your specific issue here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=496&p=2065#p2065
raf
Site Admin

Next

Return to Announcements