Mac wireless KB settings changed after external connection

Mac wireless KB settings changed after external connection

Postby markus » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:42 pm

I have a weird problem: After connecting to my Mac mini from my iPad 3, the Apple wireless keyboard changes behaviour on the Mac. Using both the newest versions of Remoter VNC and RemoterFusion (0.9.7) and a german keyboard layout.

After a remote connection, the special keys in the top row stop working (or work as fn keys) and no battery status is shown. Trying to reconnect to the keyboard via the BT settings fails to recognize the keyboard (it still sends the key presses to the mac). The system settings for the keyboard look unchanged, but something seems to be messed up. Using Lion 10.7.4.

This behaviour is consistent every time I connect to the Mac, only rebooting brings back the full (expected) keyboard functions.

Perhaps related: I had trouble with borked audio settings after remote connections as well (using an external speaker system and mic), but I'm not sure that happens all the time.
markus

Re: Mac wireless KB settings changed after external connecti

Postby raf » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:00 am

This is a very strange behavior, I'm not aware of.
Please make sure you run Software Update, Apple recently released an update to their VNC server. Not sure it corrects this issue, but it might.

PS: Does this also happen if you connect to your Mac without RF?

Thanks,
Raf
raf
Site Admin

Return to Support