Non-native fullscreen mode

Non-native fullscreen mode

Postby kcarbone927 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:54 pm

Hi,

First off, I'd like to say that this is a great app you've made! I was surprised by how robust it is despite the relatively cheap (compared to your competitors) Mac App Store price.

That said, there is one unfortunate pitfall that makes it basically unusable for me. Not really your fault, but the "full screen mode" that Apple had baked into OSX on 10.7 and above has one glaring flaw; When you enter full screen mode, it puts up a big linen texture on all your other monitors, rendering them useless. I have three monitors, and I simply cannot use Apple's full screen mode if it means making two of my monitors useless. For something like Remoter, I would prefer to actually use full screen on two or three different remote instances at a time, and Apple's default full screen mechanism simply makes this impossible.

So, I would emplore you to consider adding a non-native fullscreen mode option to your app. Several other apps (such as VLC and Parallels) have taken to doing this since Apple is apparently committed to their broken model.

(screenshot from preferences in VLC Media Player)

Thanks!
kcarbone927

Re: Non-native fullscreen mode

Postby raf » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:56 am

Thanks for the feedback, and I see and understand your point completely.
I've created a ticket to track this idea.
http://trac.remoterlabs.com/index.fcgi/ticket/507

Thanks!,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby kcarbone927 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:58 pm

Awesome! Thanks!
kcarbone927

Postby raf » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:16 am

Just finished implementing this feature. I'll try to post a beta tomorrow.

Thanks,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Return to Requests