I can't get Remoter to work

I can't get Remoter to work

Postby diana77007 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:19 pm

I am working with a friend on a magazine, and she is moving out of state. While we are in the same room, everything works fine, but when she is away, we cannot connect. It says check the host name, and make sure you are connected to the internet, which we are. I have Lion, but she doesn't. I don't know what to do. When I do it a different way, it says it can't connect to the server of the person I am trying to share with. It says to make sure it's on and not asleep, but it's on. Some of the posts say to make sure and turn on screen sharing, but when I do, it says screen sharing is being controlled by the Remote Management Service. I just don't get it. :cry:

If anyone knows anything, can you post here and email me at dmusslewhite@me.com? I haven't a clue. We put in our usernames and passwords that we use for Mac, but we must be missing something.

Thanks.
diana77007

Re: I can't get Remoter to work

Postby maclemming » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:00 pm

What do you mean by "she is away"? If she takes her computer out of the house, then the local IP address of her computer will change to wherever she is connected to. Also, if she is behind a router (D-link, Netgear, etc) at the other house, then you would need to configure the router to allow the remote connection in to her computer.
maclemming

Re: I can't get Remoter to work

Postby raf » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:58 pm

diana77007 wrote:I am working with a friend on a magazine, and she is moving out of state. While we are in the same room, everything works fine, but when she is away, we cannot connect. It says check the host name, and make sure you are connected to the internet, which we are. I have Lion, but she doesn't. I don't know what to do. When I do it a different way, it says it can't connect to the server of the person I am trying to share with. It says to make sure it's on and not asleep, but it's on. Some of the posts say to make sure and turn on screen sharing, but when I do, it says screen sharing is being controlled by the Remote Management Service. I just don't get it. :cry:

If anyone knows anything, can you post here and email me at dmusslewhite@me.com? I haven't a clue. We put in our usernames and passwords that we use for Mac, but we must be missing something.

Thanks.

Are you using RemoterFusion? Make sure RemoterFusion is running, and not giving an error. RemoterFusion only works if the router supports UPnP, so it won't work in a coffee-shop for instance.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Return to Requests