Unable to create or edit sessions

Unable to create or edit sessions

Postby NRG » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:53 pm

I have a strange issue with Remoter Version 1.2.0 (3.6.2) running on SL 10.6.8

Since the recent update the sessions I have been using all still work but I'm unable to edit them or create a new one.

If I click the session to edit, the pop up screen appears, but as soon as I move the mouse to select 'edit' the window disappears

If I click the Orange add session icon the 'discovery list' window appears but but is blank.

I've reinstalled Remoter but theres no change.
NRG

Re: Unable to create or edit sessions

Postby alexschomb » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:33 am

Someone else in the German AppStore recensions wrote about this issue running Remoter under SL too. If you were the recensionist yourself I hope you update your rating as soon as the problem is solved, because I feel that 1star is definitely not fair concerning this great application.

Back to topic: Under Lion & Mountain Lion I can't reproduce the issue, so I guess it's Snow Leopard specific. What do you mean with "move the mouse to select 'edit'"? I couldn't find an "edit" button/dropdown in the session editor window.
alexschomb

Postby NRG » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:57 pm

Hi, no that was nothing to do with me.

Here is a screen shot, the popup menu shows Edit....as soon as I move the mouse to highlight / select it the window disappears.

NRG

Postby alexschomb » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:53 am

Interesting. Just to be clear: You mean the popup menu itself disappears as soon as you move your mouse over it? The popup menu seems to be a bit displaced, too.

What is strange though is that you don't seem to use the latest version of Remoter for Mac, although you stated to do so. The "menu bar" in the top of the main window has been changed in the latest versions and should now show the "categories dropdown" right (instead of left) to the protocol selectors and serve an additional "add button" on the very left.

Here's what version 1.2.0 looks like for me: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s229/sh/ ... b4d57cc940
alexschomb

Postby raf » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:00 pm

This issue affects only users of Remoter under Snow Leopard, and we're looking into it. Expect an updated beta later today.
(The latest beta already resolves the discovery list issue, BTW, please give it a try: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=549)

Thanks for your patience!

Raf.

PS: Alex: Thank you!
raf
Site Admin

Postby raf » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:07 pm

Please try the new beta.

Thank you!,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby NRG » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:01 am

Thank You, the latest Beta version works.

I look forward to the released version.
NRG

Return to Support