Remoter leaves fullscreen mode when user switching

Remoter leaves fullscreen mode when user switching

Postby alexschomb » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:35 am

Hey raf,

I just experienced a strange behavior that I could reproduce for one remote PC only (Windows 7, TightVNC v2.5.2). I usually work in fullscreen mode and leave the option "restore setting" on. For this particular remote PC only Remoter leaves the fullscreen mode when switching users in Windows.
Secondly, as soon as I login to any user on the system from the Windows login screen Remoter automatically "drops" a part of the screen (starting from the bottom, resulting in the main menubar not shown). The crop behavior is something I experienced and reported to you already a few versions before - and was solved for most remote PCs. Again, the only solution to see the full resolution of the remote PC is to disconnect and reconnect to the remote PC.
As I use the same software setup on multiple PCs and can't reproduce the issue there I'm leaving this as a note to you hoping you've got an idea why this could be happening.

Thanks for all your help. With best regards,

Alex
alexschomb

Re: Remoter leaves fullscreen mode when user switching

Postby raf » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:33 am

Actually, I'm not sure what's going on.
Could you refresh my memory and point me towards the other issue you mention that we fixed? That might jog my memory, and hopefully help with this case.

Thanks Alex!,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Re: Remoter leaves fullscreen mode when user switching

Postby alexschomb » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:12 am

Sorry, did some search requests and couldn't locate the old posting/email either. I remember that this had something to do with user switching too. That time the zoom level changed when switching users and the menubar was cropped in some situations too (might have concerned the iOS version instead of the Mac version). Sorry that I can't give you more information.
That said it only affects me right now for one particular remote machine so it very likely might be my own error and not Remoters.
alexschomb

Return to Support