Comments on new beta

Re: Comments on new beta

Postby raf » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:15 am

alexschomb wrote:Here are the details to one of those sessions that show the mentioned problem when reopening the session window.

I believe I got this fixed. Please try beta 1.1.5A.

Thanks!,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby alexschomb » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:29 am

raf wrote:I was able to recreate this glitch by going into "System Preferences" - "General" And setting "Show scroll bars" to "Always".
I've adjusted the window sizes to account for this potential case.

Great finding, I wouldn't have thought of that! My setting says "Automatic, based on mouse or trackpad" (or similar) by the way. Anyway the glitch is fixed, thanks!

raf wrote:I believe I got this fixed. Please try beta 1.1.5A.

Sorry, not for me. I uploaded you a screencast demonstrating the behavior: http://youtu.be/wcEUQVBs0N8
alexschomb

Postby raf » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:33 am

Hi!,
Thanks for the screencast!
Could you keep a "console" open, and see if Remoter is logging any interesting information when this happens? i.e., when you try to reopen the closed window?
Also, I see the option to "Restore State"(Under General Advanced Settings) is disabled. Could you try with this option enabled?

Thanks for your help!,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby alexschomb » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:55 am

Hey raf!

Good idea with the console, but I fear it didn't bring up anything useful. There was no logging while opening the closed window, actually there was no logging at all after starting the application. Here's the logging from the start of the application:
Code: Select all
alexschomb at alexschomb-mba in /Applications/RemoterBeta.app/Contents/MacOS
$ ./RemoterBeta
objc[25513]: Class _MAZeroingWeakRefCleanupHelper is implemented in both /Applications/RemoterBeta.app/Contents/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/Versions/A/UIKit and /Applications/RemoterBeta.app/Contents/MacOS/./RemoterBeta. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[25513]: Class MAZeroingWeakRef is implemented in both /Applications/RemoterBeta.app/Contents/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/Versions/A/UIKit and /Applications/RemoterBeta.app/Contents/MacOS/./RemoterBeta. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[25513]: Class MAZeroingWeakProxy is implemented in both /Applications/RemoterBeta.app/Contents/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/Versions/A/UIKit and /Applications/RemoterBeta.app/Contents/MacOS/./RemoterBeta. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[25513]: Class MAWeakArray is implemented in both /Applications/RemoterBeta.app/Contents/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/Versions/A/UIKit and /Applications/RemoterBeta.app/Contents/MacOS/./RemoterBeta. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
objc[25513]: Class MAWeakDictionary is implemented in both /Applications/RemoterBeta.app/Contents/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/Versions/A/UIKit and /Applications/RemoterBeta.app/Contents/MacOS/./RemoterBeta. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
2012-09-04 14:44:46.277 RemoterBeta[25513:707] ********************************************************
2012-09-04 14:44:46.278 RemoterBeta[25513:707] ************ Remoter for Mac 1.1.5A Starting ***********
2012-09-04 14:44:46.278 RemoterBeta[25513:707] ********************************************************
2012-09-04 14:44:46.278 RemoterBeta[25513:707] sizeof(int)=4

But I managed to crash the application again, as seen in the screencast, and that resulted in some logging. The following line turned up in the console:
Code: Select all
[1]    25513 bus error  ./RemoterBeta

I also sent you the MacOS CrashReport in a private message, as I don't want those information to be out open in the internet.

After all those bad news here is a very good one. Activating "Restore State" in the session settings actually solved the problem. The window opens up right away how it is supposed to be! Thanks for figuring that out!
alexschomb

Postby raf » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:40 am

Thanks for all that info, and for the crash report as well. I'll try to get an update later today.
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby alexschomb » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:23 am

Hey raf!

I guess that is a lazy, but effective solution to the problem ;) When trying to close the window without the "restore session" setting I can only choose between disconnecting or leave the window open as it is. This ultimately means to me to activate "restore session" for all sessions. I'm fine with that. :)

Thanks for all your work and endurance.
alexschomb

Postby raf » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:07 pm

Absolutely :)
I actually could not recreate the issue, as much as I tried. Even with your great screencast.
I decided to disable the function unless "restore session" is enabled, as this not only resolves the issue, but it also makes sense. Once the pressure of the release is gone, I can go back and get the underlying issue figured out.
BTW, the App Store version is now under review, and the 'retail' version is out, and 'updateable' via in-app update feature.

Thanks for all your help!,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby alexschomb » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:00 pm

You're welcome :)
alexschomb

Postby alexschomb » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:20 pm

Still no release of the update in the Mac App Store. Did you halt the update in favor of 1.2.1 or is it just Apples app approval process taking ages again?
alexschomb

Postby raf » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:42 pm

No, it was submitted last week when 1.2.0 was released. And I didn't want to resubmit when 1.2.1 came out.
Still "Waiting For Review". It's taking a long time this time. They're probably giving priority to iOS apps updated for iOS6/iPhone5.

As soon as 1.2.0 is approved, I'll submit 1.2.1.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Support