Multiple monitors displayed next to each other

Multiple monitors displayed next to each other

Postby alexschomb » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:20 am

I have to administrate a new PC via Remoter that has multiple monitors. I expected that Remoter shows only one monitor at a time and that I could switch the display with the "Send" > "Change Monitor" menu entry. But what I experience is that all displays (two in my case) will be displayed next to each other all the time, no matter if I click the menu entry or not - no change at all.
alexschomb

Re: Multiple monitors displayed next to each other

Postby raf » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:44 am

Yes, this is the way the included VNC server works. As a work around, you can use RemoterFusion to connect to the server. RemoterFusion will send the appropriate information to allow Remoter to switch monitors correctly. Unfortunately Apple changed the way the screen offsets work in 10.7.4, so this only works on <= 10.7.3. An update to RemoterFusion will correct this issue.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby alexschomb » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:51 pm

Too bad. But I can now confirm that this happens with TightVNC on Windows 7, too. Are there any settings I'm missing?

How about a manual crop function in the settings and a menu switch as it is provided for RemoterFusion connections?
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2012-10-12 um 19.49.28.png
Bildschirmfoto 2012-10-12 um 19.49.28.png (284.72 KiB) Viewed 8479 times
alexschomb

Postby raf » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:55 am

alexschomb wrote:Too bad. But I can now confirm that this happens with TightVNC on Windows 7, too. Are there any settings I'm missing?

How about a manual crop function in the settings and a menu switch as it is provided for RemoterFusion connections?

I like the idea of setting the dual monitors manually, but the "Monitor Switch" should work. If TightVNC doesn't support it, I know for a fact that UltraVNC does.

Thanks,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby alexschomb » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:27 pm

I never really gave UltraVNC a try, but honestly that's majorly because of their untrustworthy looking website. Currently we use TightVNC with all customer networks, so it would be nice to stay with it. On the other hand only a handful of PCs are serving more than one monitor. That's why I'll follow your recommendation, but would still love to see a crop-functionality sometime in the future.

Thanks again for all your help!

Alex
alexschomb

Postby raf » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:20 am

I agree their site could look better.
You can always download it from us:
http://remoterlabs.com/main/windows-setup/

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Return to Support