Keyboard doesn't work with multiple sessions

Keyboard doesn't work with multiple sessions

Postby maclemming » Fri May 11, 2012 6:59 pm

If I have 2 active sessions (VNC over SSH and RDP) at the same time, then the keyboard output does not get sent correctly to one or the other.

If I have one session open, then it works fine. If I then open a second session, the keyboard input is not received on the new session, but either the other session or none at all. I have to switch back to the first session, and then minimize the window, and then the keyboard input works for the second session.

Furthermore, it doesn't happen all of the time, and I haven't been able to figure out what causes it to happen.

On a similar (keyboard related) note, the Cmd+` combination sometimes does not work to switch between active Remoter windows. It worked several versions ago, but it got broken somewhere in one of the betas before 1.0.7, and is still broken in the new beta 1.0.7B.
maclemming

Re: Keyboard doesn't work with multiple sessions

Postby maclemming » Fri May 11, 2012 8:23 pm

I figured out how to replicate it. It is similar to a previous bug I reported.

1. Open session #1
2. CMD+` back to the Remoter window, and open session #2
3. Move the windows to the side, so you can click on another program (Firefox, Safari, etc) with the mouse. If you have 2 monitors, just click on another application on the other monitor.
4. Click back on the Remoter window with the mouse, and the CMD+` will no longer work to switch between windows. Also, the keyboard input may or may not work when you switch between sessions (you have to use the Window menu to select the other session).

If you minimize one of the sessions, and then bring it back, then the CMD+` will work to switch between windows, and the keyboard inputs will work again.

If you use the CMD+Tab to switch between applications, then it will still work when you come back. It only appears to break when you use the mouse to switch back to the Remoter window. I have two monitors, so I tend to use the mouse to select the windows rather than CMD+Tab.
maclemming

Postby raf » Sat May 12, 2012 5:38 pm

This is great feedback!, thanks maclemming!
I'll work on this ASAP.

Raf.

PS: http://trac.remoterlabs.com/index.fcgi/ticket/446
raf
Site Admin

Postby raf » Sun May 13, 2012 10:31 pm

Please try the latest beta, 1.0.7C: posting.php?mode=reply&f=11&t=549

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks!,
Raf.
raf