No mouse tracking in new beta

No mouse tracking in new beta

Postby maclemming » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:13 pm

I am using the new beta 1.0.6A, and I am seeing that my mouse tracking is either very, very slow or none at all at times. I use VNC over SSH to a Linux host running X. I have the window manager set to use mouse focus so that a window becomes active when the mouse moves over it. With the new beta, I see that quite often when I move the mouse from one window to another, it takes a second or more for that window to gain focus. Other times, it never gains focus (even after 5-6 seconds). I can click the window to make it active, but I prefer the mouse focus. Other times, it works fine, and I get instant focus when I mouse over a window.
maclemming

Re: No mouse tracking in new beta

Postby raf » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:23 pm

Well, the beta includes some big internal changes to how the mouse events are handled. Still, I can't reproduce your problem. It did happen for me once, and I haven't been able to get it to do it again.
Please try this beta:
http://goo.gl/STrmz

Let me know if it helps, if it doesn't please let me know if you have any ideas I can use to try to recreate the problem.

Thanks for testing!,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby maclemming » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:00 pm

I figured out how to replicate it.

1. Connect to the session (I am using VNC over SSH). I can't get it to happen with an RDP to a 2008 server.
2. Move the window to the side, so you can see another window in the background (Finder, Chrome, etc).
3. Click on the other window so it becomes active.
4. Click back on the Remoter window, and now the mouse tracking is lost.
5. CMD + Tab to the Finder window, and CMD+Tab back to Remoter, and now the mouse tracking is working again.
maclemming

Postby raf » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:28 pm

Thanks for your detailed instructions I was able to recreate and correct the issue!
I'm releasing version 1.0.7 with this correction:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=679&p=2830&sid=3e43302d933e266a65de26144b8bc719#p2830

Thanks for your help!,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Return to Support