RDP over SSH without a session

RDP over SSH without a session

Postby sgt.blikey » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:43 pm

Hello,

Our SSHd configuration does not allow a shell session to start because the ssh connection is used solely for opening a tunnel to the Windows RD server.
A remoter SSH connection does not complete and returns: Server refused to open a session. (Which is not unexpected.)

Our RD server is listening on a non-standard port.
A remoter RDP over SSH connection does not complete and returns: Host: '[hostIP:port]' Port: 3389 Refused Connection
In the above I have entered as hostIP the IP address of the RD server and port the port that the RD server is listening on. e.g. 192.168.7.11:53389

I can create the connection and tunnel on the terminal (ssh -p[port] -N [user]@[host] -L [localport]:localhost:[remoteport]) and then use remote desktop connection or remoter rdp to connect to localhost and go through the tunnel okay, but I can't reproduce the whole scenario (open ssh, create tunnel, connect to rd server on non-standard port through tunnel) with remoter.

Is there a remoter configuration I can use to work with this set up?

Many thanks,
Sgt.
sgt.blikey

Re: RDP over SSH without a session

Postby raf » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:29 am

The port needs to be specified in the RDP Port field (try clicking on Advanced to get this field). It cannot be specified as part of the hostname.

Hope this helps!,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Return to Support