A few *issues*

A few *issues*

Postby Adester » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:28 am

Hi Raf,

As a long standing user of the iOS Remoter App, I was very excited to see the Mac version (where have I been hiding), so I bought it this morning and then subsequently saw the newer version in a post here, so installed that in the hope that it would solve some issues, it didn't.

I use RDP over a SSH tunnel, previously I had been manually starting the SSH tunnel and then using the microsoft RDP software to connect to my work machine.

First thing I noticed when trying Remoter, is that it's considerably slower than the Microsoft tool, part of the software I develop uses an embedded Webkit browser to integrate google maps into the software, the map is very slow at updating. I'm sure this could be replicated easily by just using safari on windows and browsing google maps.

Secondly, I have an application which I use a lot (Rowley Crossworks for ARM v1) which shows bizarre colours on window frames, again this effect is not visible in the microsoft RDP client.

My work machine is running XP SP2.

Any thoughts? Looking forward to replacing my slightly convoluted method with Remoter, just need to solve these issues if possible!

Thanks.

Adrian
Adester

Re: A few *issues*

Postby raf » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:57 pm

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with Remoter for Mac. I'm getting ready to release a new version that includes an updated RDP module, and should perform better and also be more compatible than the current version. I'll be submitting to Apple this weekend hopefully, so expect the update to be out at some point next week.

Thanks,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby Adester » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:39 am

Any chance of a beta to try?!

Cheers.

Adrian
Adester

Postby raf » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:14 pm

Sorry, this got a bit delayed. I will post a beta as soon as it gets submitted (should happen this week still).

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby Adester » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:23 am

Any update on this raf?

Cheers.

Adrian
Adester

Postby raf » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:53 pm

Adester wrote:Any update on this raf?

Cheers.

Adrian

Sorry for the delay. The app has been submitted, expect the beta later today.

Thanks,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby raf » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:40 am

Remoter 1.0.4 has been approved, and will be out tomorrow Saturday. Since this was happening, I ended up not posting a beta.

Thanks for your patience,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby Adester » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:51 am

Sadly no change in that version to either of my issues, still very slow compared to the Microsoft RDP application and Crossworks is still displaying funny colours in its window.

You can download crossworks for ARM 1.7 (must be 1.X, I don't use V2 - www.rowley.co.uk) which will operate in demo mode and should show the problem.
I can build you a trivial mapping application and upload to dropbox which will illustrate the difference in performance from microsofts client to remoter.

Thanks.

Adrian
Adester

Postby raf » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:09 pm

Please do. Thank you for the report, and willingness to help!

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby Adester » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:48 am

Hi raf,

please find map application I built, there is a considerable difference in speed between the microsoft VNC client and remoter when using this application.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24518476/MapWebkitApp.zip

(Apologies for the size, it's a Qt based application so I had to include all the DLL's including the webkit browser)

About the other issue, have you tried installing Crossworks to see the problem with the colours in remoter?

Adrian
Adester

Next

Return to Support