A few *issues*

Re: A few *issues*

Postby raf » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:32 pm

Hi Adrian,
Your mapping app seems really responsive under Remoter for me. I tested in Windows 7, and at 16bpp. Not sure why you're seeing a big slow-down.

Raf.

PS: For the weird color issues, please try disabling "Bitmap cache" under Advanced settings.
PS2: I can see what slow-down you refer to in your app. Especially now that I maximized it :) I'll look into it. Thanks!
raf
Site Admin

Postby Adester » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:04 am

Cool, glad you were able to repeat my findings!

Toggling the bitmap cache does not fix the colour problem either, that was one of the first things I tried when I found the problem.

Adrian
Adester

Postby Adester » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:44 am

These issues (color & speed) still exist in the latest release, both these issues are preventing me from using remoter. :(

Adrian
Adester

Postby raf » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:45 am

I'm hoping on releasing a new beta next week. Hopefully it will help in this area greatly.

Thanks,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby Adester » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:06 am

Just installed the latest beta which you released today.

CrossWorks still shows the odd coloring on toolbars, seriously, please just install it and try it:

http://www.rowleydownload.co.uk/arm/rel ... _setup.exe

And if anything, screen updates now seem much slower than they were! There's some weird blending going on which makes it feel like I'm spaced out.

These are all while connecting to an XP machine using RDP.

Thanks.

Adrian
Adester

Postby raf » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:57 am

Hi!,
Make sure you use 32bpp, it's under "RDP Advanced Settings", "Color Depth". This should take care of the strange colors in toolbars:
Screen Shot 2012-09-01 at 9.55.36 AM.png
Screen Shot 2012-09-01 at 9.55.36 AM.png (94.04 KiB) Viewed 9038 times

For the strange "blending", please try the new beta. I've disabled it.

Thanks for your feedback,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby Adester » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:41 am

Thanks raf.

32 bbp has fixed the issue, but will this not cause a performance hit? The MS RDP client connecting to the same machine is set to "thousands" for it's colour depth.

The fading/blending has now gone which results in a much less trippy experience.

It seems that it's almost perfect.

You've also moved from the odd iOS menus in the configuration to something more native, that's also much better. I found it very frustrating setting up the software in the earlier versions with the non-native UI.

Now my only outstanding gripe is the menu bar in full screen, I know you've added this to the "wish list" but when in full screen it's so easy to keep toggling the app out of full screen when you go to close a windows, erm, window that is maximised. The option to prevent the menu bar showing would fix this.

Parallels has this ability, you can press Cmd+Alt and the menu bar pops up.

I'm almost ready to chunk the MS client in the trashcan. (to be fair they don't support native fullscreen anyway so their implementation is plain old nasty to use with the dock bar keeping appearing in addition to the menubar).

Adrian
Adester

Postby Adester » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:55 am

Actually, just realised there's one more feature that I use in the MS client.

Shared Folders. You can share a local folder and it appears as a network mapped drive on the machine you're connected to....

Adrian
Adester

Postby Adester » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:43 am

Humn, another issue I seem to have (and this is regardless of remoter or MS RDP) is to do with the ssh tunnel.

I use RDP over ssh and remoter makes it incredibly easy because it sets up the ssh tunnel rather than me having to do it with scripts.

However, if I have a period of inactivity (say I'm working in one of my virtual machines on this machine) the SSH tunnel seems to become "somewhat" closed, I assume this is the firewall/router at the office end removing the "state" because of inactivit. And because no fin packets seem to be sent, remoter (or the SSH tunnel if i'm doing it manually) doesn't think the connection has been closed.

Any chance of an option to just send some data over the tunnel if there has been no activity for X seconds? Would help me not to keep staring at black screens!

Adrian
Adester

Previous

Return to Support