RDP-Session: Cut and paste

RDP-Session: Cut and paste

Postby Marten » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:16 am

Hello,

I just bought the new Mac-Version. It works fine for me but I miss the cut & paste function in the RDP-session. This is online working with the right click menu and not via keyboard. Could you make this possible?

Regards,
Marten
Marten

Re: RDP-Session: Cut and paste

Postby raf » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:16 am

Hi Marten,
I'll add your request to trac.
Right now, pasting works by injecting the information from the pasteboard as simulated keyboard strokes. Your request requires the Mac's pasteboard to continually be monitored for data, and synchronizing this data with the Windows box's clipboard.
In my experience, most apps that go this route end up with a hit-and-miss implementation, where the clipboard/pasteboard sometimes behaves as expected, and sometimes it just plain doesn't work as you'd like. This is the main reason I went with the current implementation: it always works.
But I will add your request to trac, so expect to see it in the future.

Thanks for the feedback!,

Raf.

http://remoterlabs.com/rafsoftware/trac ... ticket/356

PS: After re-reading your question, I'm no longer sure I understand your problem. Are you saying cut-and-paste works with the mouse but not the keyboard? Are you cutting and pasting text within RDP? If so, make sure you use Control+C, Control+V to copy/paste (as Command+C, Command+V are Mac only)
raf
Site Admin

Re: RDP-Session: Cut and paste

Postby Marten » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:40 am

Hello,

thanks for your fast reply. Cut and paste within the RDP session works fine with ctrl+c and ctrl+v. Heretofore I used the RDP app from Microsoft. This app supports the clipboard function without problems.

Cut and paste with mouse? Sorry, that was my fault. It dosent work. I use the cord rdp-app too. In this app the clipboard work through the right click context menu.

Marten
Marten

Return to Support